Transportation of Dangerous Goods
The transportation of Dangerous Goods comes with some inherent dangers. Due to their hazardous properties, Dangerous Goods are regulated by legislation, regulations and codes of practice. Comet Transport is committed to complying with all legal obligations. Accordingly, to ensure we are able to meet our legal obligations, terms and conditions apply to the carriage of Dangerous Goods.
Under no circumstances will class 1, class 6.2 or class 7 dangerous goods be transported.
- 1. Dangerous Goods will not be accepted for carriage and/or storage by the Contractor unless the Customer has made full disclosure to the Contractor of such goods and the Contractor has in writing agreed to carry and/or store such goods. The goods are accepted by the Contractor for carriage and/or storage subject to the following conditions-
- (a) The goods are compliant in all respects with the requirement of any applicable law relating to the transportation, storage, condition and packaging of such goods and that any expenses incurred by the Contractor in complying with the provisions of any such law or with any order or requirement of any government or authority in relation to such law (including any harbour, dock, railway, shipping, customs, warehouse or other authority) shall be at the cost of the Customer.
- (b) The Customer fully discloses to the Contractor in writing:
- (i) the name, nature, description and the value of all goods of carriage and/or storage;
- (ii) details of goods of a noxious, dangerous, hazardous, poisonous, corrosive or inflammable nature;
- (iii) goods which are capable of causing damage or injury to any other property, persons or animals or to any store, warehouse, vessel, wagon, van, aircraft or other store or conveyance of any kind whatsoever in which they may be loaded, carried, packed or stored; and
- (iv) goods which are liquid or partly liquid.
- 2. If Dangerous Goods not previously disclosed by the Customer are discovered by the Contractor in carriage or storage, the Contractor may, at its discretion, remove, sell destroy or otherwise dispose of the same, and shall not be responsible or accountable for the value thereof.
- 3. No liability or responsibility in tort or contract or otherwise will be accepted by the Contractor for any loss and/or damage suffered by any person arising out of or in relation to the carriage and/or storage of any explosive, hazardous, poisonous, inflammable, corrosive or otherwise dangerous or damaging goods, articles, liquids or substances or foodstuffs that are likely to attract vermin or other pests ("Dangerous Goods"). The Customer will indemnify and keep indemnified the Contractor against all losses, liabilities, claims, demands, actions, suits, proceedings, costs, damages and expenses suffered or occurred by the Contractor arising out of or in relation to the carriage and/or storage of Dangerous Goods however caused (whether by negligence of the Contractor or any person or otherwise).